Who we are - What do we do
Every year throughout the Laramie community individuals and families struggle to make ends meet, but they are still filled with hope that they will have a Christmas morning.
Together we can keep the flicker of hope going.
Community Holidays is a collaborative effort between several churches in Laramie, the City of Laramie, Christmas for Kids (serving ACSD1 families), Salvation Army, Interfaith-Good Samaritan, and the U.S. Marine Corps' Toys for Tots Program. Together they are joined by individuals, non-profit agencies, families, businesses, governmental offices, and students in providing our neighbors in need with a Christmas morning.
All are invited to take part in sharing with us this joy of giving.
"God bless us, every one!" -Tiny Tim
want to help?
- Sponsors to fill gift requests
- Cash donations are welcome
- Wrapping paper
- Tape, Ribbon
- Cookies to hand out on distribution day
- Help distribute gifts at First Baptist Church
- Individuals to help deliver gifts
In addition to various desires, many of the requests are for basic necessities such as a blanket for a child or a warm coat for an elderly person.
We want to begin by thanking you for expressing your willingness to make the Holiday season better for families in Albany County. Your organization or family may prefer to donate a lump sum, but if you would like to purchase gifts, we encourage you to use the following guidelines:
- Please spend around $35-50 per person. We’d like to help as many families as we can. If you want to spend more, consider adding more people to your commitment.
- Consider purchasing 2 items per person: an item of clothing and another gift. Each person will have clothing sizes as well as ideas for needed and wanted items. Use your discretion in evaluating their ideas. Books for kids are always a great addition to any package.
- It is critical that all gifts are dropped off unwrapped, with their identification information at First Baptist Church (1517 E Canby St) by December 17th (or sooner) so that they can be prepared for the recipients.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your gifts, please email Community Holidays at CommunityHolidays@gmail.com or leave a message at (307) 314-2355
November 15 - Applications are due (first come, first serve)
November 20 - Begin distributing shopping lists for sponsors
December 9 - Sponsors need to have gifts turned in to agencies or churches
December 18 - Distribution of Gifts
- 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
- 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
December 25 - Christmas Day